Burn Permit Process
The issuance of burn permits has been temporarily suspended.For more information about the burn permit process, please contact our Fire Marshal at (619) 390-2350 ext. 009.
- The area for burning must have thirty (30) feet of clearance to bare mineral soil from any combustibles.
- An adult, with hand tools (shovel, rake, etc…) and a hose connected to a reliable water supply capable of completely encircling the burn area must be present at all times.
- You must have a working telephone number so we can contact you if the burning regulations change during the time of your permit.
- Burn piles must be completely extinguished at the end of the burn period each day. A burn pile is considered completely extinguished when the pile is cold to the touch.
- Outdoor residential waste burning is not allowed. For more information, please visit the Outdoor Residential Waste Burning page from the California Air Resources Board.
Winter Preparedness Period Regulations
- The burn pile size cannot be greater than 10′ x 10′ x 4′ high.
- Burn permits are valid for 30 days. There are no renewals.
- Burning hours are from 8:00 a.m. to sunset.
Declared Fire Season Regulations
- The burn pile size cannot be greater than 4′ x 4′ x 2′ high.
- Burn permits are valid for 15 days. There are no renewals.
- Burning hours are from 8:00 a.m. until Sunset