Why Choose Lakeside Fire Protection District?
Established in 1963, the Lakeside Fire Protection District (LFPD) has continued to be an ever-evolving organization focused on providing quality services. The LFPD has a rich history and was the original participant in the Heartland Mutual Aid Pact and still boasts the longest-running transport paramedic ambulance program in San Diego County. Additionally, the LFPD provides very competitive salaries and benefits in comparison with other agencies in San Diego County.
- 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- California Class C driver license
- California paramedic license
- Physical abilities to perform the duties
- CPAT by date of hire
Highly Desired Qualifications
- Completion of an accredited academy
- CSFM Firefighter I certificate
- Associate’s Degree in Fire Science
- Salary: $66,839 – $85,020
- Education Bonus: 2.5% (Associate’s)
- Education Bonus: 5.0% (Bachelor’s)
- Paramedic Incentive: $1,000
- Uniform Allowance: $1,000
- Holiday Pay: 108 hours
- Retirement: CalPERS 2.7% at 57
- Retirement: Paid medical
- Health / Dental: Employer paid
- Vacation: 6 – 18 shifts annually
- Sick Leave: 6 shifts annually
Interested in becoming a Firefighter/Paramedic or Reserve Firefighter?
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic and Reserve Firefighter until October 10, 2019. For more information on these positions, visit the Job Opportunities page or you can download an application below.